-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

GRATITUDE....What It Means To Me!!!


GRATITUDE....this word often makes one think...."what really does it mean?" Reading the post about "Pitrupaksha" written by one of my dear Mocktail Mommy friend brought about a storm of thoughts to my mind.

It was just another lazy evening. I was enjoying my piping hot cup of coffee, alongside going through her post......and suddenly I felt this flood of memories running through my brain and I had no choice, but to let go and flow back down memory lane.....

The first memories of childhood are so delightful. I remember my mother loving me so unconditionally, that I doubt if there is any other love in this world, as pure & pristine as a mother's love for her child. She used to feed me, bathe me, help me with the smallest of things and all this she did, with utmost patience, not once losing her temper. She has been my pillar of strength right from the beginning and continues to be so..... Sometimes I wonder, "What would I do without her????!!!!" I remember all the times she stayed up late just to make me a cup of coffee, during my "night-out" exam studies. It was always surprising how she never felt hungry whenever there was shortage of food during a meal. Through all her sacrifices, she has brought me up, making me the woman and the mother that I am today.
Not any less fondly, do I think of my father and all the love he showered on me. There was no time, as far as I can remember, that I was not given the best of education and facilities. He also shared his valuable experiences and advised me from time to time during my undergrad and post-grad studies. This made my life so much easier....and helped me climb the ladder of my career with utmost ease. I don't recollect having to ever struggle with circumstances at any point in my life......all thanks to the MAN who stood by me!!!

When I say "MAN", another person I cannot miss is my dearest brother.....my friend, my protector....although, very often I needed to protect myself from him!!!(that was when we rained blows on each other during our numerous fights). Even though we were at loggerheads most of the times, we were the unbeatable team as far as unity was concerned. Whether it be covering up for each others' mistakes or taking the blame for each others' blunders, we forever had it covered. I still remember how he expressed greatest pleasure at getting the entire room to himself when i left home for studies but then how again he had tears in his eyes when he saw me off at the airport. However much we seemed to hate each other, there was that strong bond which always bound our hearts...still does...

Good education is the basis of a good society. I still remember that first day that I walked into my kindergarten classroom, my tiny hand clinging to the gentle fingers of my teacher. Although I was teary-eyed at the thought of staying away from mom and home, slowly my teacher introduced me to a whole new world. Soon all the anxiety vanished and school became my "Home away from home". My journey began at that very tender age, but through each year of school and college, every single teacher taught me something that has become an integral part of my personality today. Some taught me good table manners, some taught me to speak the truth, some taught me how to face the world, while some taught me how to accept failure....... All in all, they taught me how to be a good human being and how to live a fulfilling life!!

Just as teachers have been the guiding light at each step, so also I have been blessed with endearing and wonderful friends at every stage. Right from being partners in crime, playing pranks on each other......name it and we have done it....hehehe... But at the same time, they helped me with studies, personal issues and crises and were always standing by me during the toughest of times. We were, and still are like family, only not related by blood. But sooner or later, we all had to travel our separate ways, leaving behind loads of fun-filled memories.


Although one such friend, one of my best friends in fact, decided to hold on to me for life!!!!No prizes for guessing this one....yeah, I am married to him!! My husband was my senior during college and with marriage, he gave me a whole new family. After a while i realized that life is not as it is depicted in those "saas-bahu" soaps. My In-Laws have been most supportive and encouraging whenever I have needed them, be it during my education after marriage or my career. As for my better half, I have no words to describe the lengths he has gone to, to make my life comfortable...... Although I do continue to nag him and crib about how he needs to do more for me!!! ;)

After getting this perfect life, I couldn't have asked for anything more, when I was blessed with a daughter. She has taught me how to be patient, strong and how to get up when I fall..... It is from her that I learnt never to give up till I get what I want. At every stage of her upbringing, I have grown myself...... as a person, as a parent.....
I was happily floating through all these memories when suddenly my phone started ringing and I was jolted back to the present.That brought me back to the station from where this train of thought had started....GRATITUDE!!

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift....that's why its called PRESENT" For this gift....what I am today....I am grateful to all these people who have played an important role in my life at some point or the other. Even if i wanted to, I will not be able to express enough gratitude, whether it is in words, deeds or gifts. All I can say is a HUMBLE THANK YOU. I would not have been what I am today, the woman, the mother and above all the human being, if it were not for your presence in my life... Last but not the least, I express my gratitude to the Almighty for making all these pearls a part of the ocean of my destiny!!!


PS: All images courtesy Google image search.

26 comments:

  1. Amazing article. Brought tears in my eyes.

    Way to go wifey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words Prasad!!!

      Delete
  2. "The attitude of gratitude" shld b d most IMPORTANT PRINCIPLE of our lives. Hat off to u a lovely article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The attitude of gratitude" shld b d most IMPORTANT PRINCIPLE of our lives. Hat off to u a lovely article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Motivated me to call up all my near and dear ones after reading your article. Thanks Mocktail Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Anagha!! I m happy it motivated you..

      Delete
  5. Superb article mock tail mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very few people can express this reality! Very well said prassu!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very few people can express this reality! Very well said prassu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words & constant support!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Very nicely written,conveys your feelings that have come heart !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words & continued support!!

      Delete
  10. Very nicely written,conveys your feelings that have come heart !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb.. great going.. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb.. great going.. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Sri Devi!!! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well written, I don't login to FB so often but my wife does as she know my password and asked me to read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Umesh!!! Do continue to read our posts and support us!!

      Delete