-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

The Potted Garden

After relocating to the country side, our next gate neighbor, Colonel James seemed to be a botanic. I admired his well-manicured garden.

I wished to enroll the services of his gardener.  So, here I was standing at the gate of his mystical garden. As I was about to enter, I heard a deep baritone, welcoming me.

After initial exchange of pleasantries, I inquired about his gardener. I could see the dance of the creases on Colonel’s forehead. Clearing his throat, he said, “I am the one!”

Surprise!

Reading my thoughts, Colonel led me inside and showed me five potted plants.

 “Meet my family. The yellow Sunflower, my wife. I was her Sun. The yellow-red marigold, my daughter. She brightens up my life! The white chrysanthemum, my mother. As divine as she used to be! The yellow chrysanthemum, my chap… always cheerful! And the last one, maroon chrysanthemum, my pup. She loved me selflessly”

I was puzzled.

“I lost them all to the earthquake”, echoed the baritone!

---By MocktailMommy Anagha
Word Count: 166

Linking this post to FFfAW Challenge #132


This week's photo prompt is provided by shivamt25. Thank you for our photo prompt!

2 comments:

  1. Very touching! The plants became his family when he lost his real family. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by encouraging!
    -Anagha

    ReplyDelete