-->
Hello Patron. Good to see you here. Have a great reading time with us! Choose your pick and indulge! Don't forget to share your views. Thanks for visiting.

Technology For My Musical Calling

Music is a world within itself, with a language we all understand. Music has always been an integral part of my life. I still remember the time when my ears where glued to the radio set to listen to my favorite song or the excitement of watching Chitrahaar every weekend to get a glimpse of my favorite melody. Now we have all our favourite songs at our fingertips!

Then came a time, when I started learning music. From playing the harmonium matching to my pitch, to writing the "swars" in my notebook and diligently recording the songs in the cassettes for me to practice, my music teacher has done it all.But today, as my daughter is learning music, the harmonium is replaced by Harmonium app in my mobile and recording songs is a cake walk.
Thanks to technology!!


With the advancement of technology, the entire music industry has got a revamp. Gone are the days where multiple artists gathered to record a song and we got live feedback from musicians. Now it’s the era of digitized music, where artists sing and perform at their convenience and later, the entire song is assembled in the studio.

Interaction among the artists have scaled down. And off course how can I forget Autotune!!! The very reason behind many actors turning into singers!!!

Recently, I thanked my stars and technology, when I came across an App called Smule. This app has taken the internet world by storm. For all music loving people, please download the app. It’s a must have with a reasonable charge. Here are some pointers:
  • It’s a karaoke based app, hence you can see the lyrics and sing along with earphones.
  • It has fairly large number of songs in different languages and versions.
  • You can video or voice record your song and share it with your friends.
  • You can also choose who can listen to your recorded songs if you wish to maintain privacy.
  • You can sing solo, duet or group.
  • You can invite people to sing with you.
  • If you are lucky, you get an opportunity to sing with your favorite singer!!
  • You can follow, like, comment and share the songs on social media. 

In short, its "facebook" for music lovers.

Apart from all the above points, It’s a great stress buster. It allows you to be with like minded people. It will give you a reason to pursue your passion. Just the way I did!

Technology, I must say is a sure short boon to the music industry with very few disadvantages. Please check the link below to take a quick view of the song sung by me using Smule App. 




Happy Singing to you!!!

----By MocktailMommy Sathya



This post is part of "Thankful Thursday 36: Thankful For Technology"

Images courtesy Pixabay.

3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smule,Auto tune and a harmonium app .I am getting these all on my phone.Loved this post ,Thank you for sharing .My daughter loves singing and I was on my way to buy a harmonium .Now I will first try tyour tips.#ThankfulThursdays.

    ReplyDelete